Due to weather events across the nation, the deadline for submissions has been extended.
Les Dames d’Escoffier International is pleased to introduce this inaugural award recognizing an exceptional Dame who has set herself apart by making a positive impact in a local or global community, incorporating the important and complex realms of global sustainability, food justice and public health and will celebrate a visionary Dame who has made strides towards improving our food system.
Beginning in 2021, the LDEI Woman of Purpose award will be presented every other year at the LDEI Conference, alternating with the LDEI Grande Dame award.
To be considered for the LDEI Woman of Purpose award, the prospective nominee must meet the following criteria and submit a complete application, enumerated below.
- Nominee is an active member in good standing of Les Dames d’Escoffier International with a minimum of 3 years as a member
- Nominee demonstrates and inspires others by her commitment to one or more of the following, with a local, national and/or international focus by sharing her time, talent and resources to improve others’ quality of life:
- Global sustainability
- Food justice
- Public health
- Food waste systems
- Culinary education
- How we think about food
- Candidate shall be nominated by an LDEI Chapter or another Dame
- Nominee and nominating Chapter/Dame will be asked to each write an essay [not to exceed 1,000 words] about the nominee’s contribution to the greater good while highlighting LDEI’s vision, mission and guiding principles
- Voting for candidates will be consistent with the voting procedure for the Grande Dame candidates with each LDEI Chapter in good standing having one vote, plus YETI, our exclusive partner will be given one vote
- The nominee agrees to complete all informational forms and provide visual images as requested by LDEI
- To receive her award, the candidate must attend the award ceremony at the LDEI Annual Conference and agree that the award may be publicized
- Transportation to Conference, Conference registration and lodging at the Conference hotel (during the Conference) will be provided by LDEI for the recipient
- Winner will receive a prize package of YETI products customized with the LDEI Woman of Purpose logo, as well as $2,500 to continue her philanthropic work
- All nominations should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 22 Call for Nominees
- March 12 Deadline for nominations
- April 9 Nomination information & ballot distributed to all chapters
- May 7 Deadline for chapter ballots
- May 14 Winner announced
Posted Last January 21, 2021