We are a philanthropic organization of women leaders in the fields of food, fine beverage and hospitality. The by-invitation membership, composed of over 2,400 members in 44 chapters in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Mexico, is highly diversified and reflects the multifaceted fields of contemporary gastronomy and hospitality.
|Chapter Response and Resources during COVID-19 Crisis|
Chapter Response and Resources during COVID-19 Crisis
Ideas and Resources to Assist Your Chapters and Communities
- Take out, curbside pick-up, ‘to go’ for families
- Resource listing on your website, social media, etc
- Sell gift certificates, restaurant ‘bonds’ or subscription service
- Teach Classes online; cooking, kids cooking, wine education, cocktail making
- Offer more to customers like produce boxes, acting as small groceries (that helps the suppliers ranging from Sysco to small farmers).
- www.bhamstrong.com offering
o An Emergency Loan Fund
o A program to assist restaurants in shifting from dine-in models to delivery and meal preparation models
- Local Distancing is a free, centralized website for local businesses to post links to their gift cards, curbside service, GoFundMe, etc. If businesses don't have online gift card capabilities, the site provides links to several easy to set up gift card services.
- Meal Train online meal plan organizational service to provide a dame in need with healthy food her and her family need
- Serviceindustry.tips many cities have this--it's a way to tip servers when you cannot be there
- Organizations aiding laid-off employees:
o CORE (Children of Restaurant Employees)
o USBG National Charity Foundation: Bartender Emergency Assistance Program (you don't have to be member, or a bartender)
Ideas for Your Chapter
- Virtual Happy Hour, meetings – use zoom (free for 40 minutes or $15 a month)
- Keep members updated; who’s offering what, who needs what?
o Including staff, can a dame in a grocery store use a few extra hands
o Start a soup kitchen
- Start a Facebook Group Page - (members only) for members to vent, be irreverent, etc. Anything that makes them feel better that they don't want the public to see
- Add your chapter to Amazon Smile
Important links from LDEI:
United States Department of Labor/OSHA (Occupational Health and Health Administration)
If you would like to share more resources or stories with our membership, please do so on LDEI’s Face Book group page.
Please Note 501(c)(3) status on lobbying:
From the Internal Revenue Service website dated 12/2019 under "nonprofits and lobbying":
Posted Last March 23, 2020